Following approval of the new Ministry of Transport and Road Safety regulations on the use of electric scooters and the revision of the existing regulations regarding electric bicycles, please note the following main points:
• Riding an electric bicycle (with a motor) and electric scooter will only be permitted from age 16 and up (instead of 14, as it was previously)
• Regardless of age, all riders must wear a helmet and a reflective vest when it is dark.
• Maximum data: Weight up to 30 kg, output of 250 watts and maximum speed of 25 km/h.
• Riding will only be permitted on bike paths/streets and not on sidewalks.
• Carrying another person on the electric bike or scooter is prohibited.
• All riders must carry their personal ID card with them, though the bikes and scooters will not need to be licensed.
• Importers and marketers are obligated to apply a sticker to the electric scooter/bike with the following information:
manufacturer's name, riding age from 16, serial number, weight, output, maximum speed and air pressure in tires
Dear riders, for the sake of your own safety, please make sure to follow the guidelines.
Additional information can be found on the Ministry of Transport website.