Dora in photo albums
Do you like history and nostalgia? Do you cling to the past?
Do you live and breathe Dora?
Then… the course to train documenters of Ramat Yadin (Dora) is evidently the place for you.
* To train participants to collect, sort and keep a variety of evidence and items about the history of the neighborhood, its people, landscapes and institutions. The documented materials will be the basis for an exhibition on the history of the neighborhood
* To give the participants knowledge, tools and skills to interview and document
* To give participants tools for documentary writing
What will we learn?
· What is documentation? / Peleg Levi
· Mom and dad on the balcony - documenting photos / Sari Gal
· About the story the tell and the ones still untold - how to interview with help from your camera / Peleg Levi
· How do you interview people? Are there rules? / Ruti Persendof
· There's a big world between the doctor's office and the corner store - examples and experience with documentation / Chava Appel and long-time documenters
· The history between the pages in the photo album / Sari Gal
· The history of Dora and Netanya - riding tour / Yishai Shmidov
· Selecting subjects to document
The course will meet on Mondays, once every two weeks, beginning on February 27, 2017
From 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Dora Community Center.
For more information and to register at a symbolic cost, call the community center at 09-8650004, Shoshi at 050-6248438 and the Neighborhoods Department at 09-8605826.