Distribution of food debit cards for purchasing food products as part of the Ministry of Interior’s Food Security project
The aid project for ensuring food security will enable senior citizens who receive Income Support Benefit and disadvantaged families to receive help in purchasing food and essential products in a respectable manner, with prepaid debit cards being distributed to eligible people to make the purchases.
Residents who received the following discounts in 2020 do not need to submit any request, and are expected to receive the prepaid debit card automatically, delivered to their homes by a courier.
Who is eligible for the aid and does not need to submit a request?
- Those receiving a reduction in arnona (city tax) payments of over 63%, according to the income test table as determined in the regulations.
- Senior citizens, who receive Income Support and who are entitled to a 100% discount for arnona payment, in accordance with the rules as determined in the regulations.
Who needs to submit a request?
Residents who did not receive the aforementioned reduction for 2020, or who do not appear in the lists of the Collection Division (but are registered in the Population Registry as residents of Netanya), must submit a request to the municipality.
Their eligibility will be examined according to the income test as determined in the regulations.
Residents who are eligible for a different discount, such as general disability, which does not confer automatic eligibility for a prepaid debit card, but their total income is lower than that determined in the table below, may submit a request to receive a prepaid debit card through the link for residents who are not registered in the arnona registry.
Residents whose income is lower than the income ceiling listed in the table, in accordance with the number of people residing in the property, are asked to submit a request using one of the following links:
As of now, the requests can be submitted to the municipality up until April 22, 2021, and anyone found eligible by the municipality by May 6, 2021 will receive the prepaid debit card.
It is important to know – anyone found eligible will receive the aid for all the payments, including those made prior to his eligibility being authorized.
- Citizens not registered as resident in the local authority in the Population Registry must submit a request to the authority where they are registered, and, if needed, directly to the Ministry of Interior.
Amount of aid for the first payment (may be subject to change for the additional payments)
- For the eligible person and their partner who lives with them, NIS 300 per person will be prepaid to their card.
- For the members of the household of those eligible according to income test, NIS 225 will be prepaid to their card, up to a maximum sum of NIS 2,400 per household for each payment.
When will the aid be distributed?
The cards will be distributed in three payments over the coming months.
The exact dates will be published at a later date.
- The Ministry of Interior is responsible for the distribution of the cards, through the supplier who won the tender. A courier will come once to the eligible person’s address so as to supply the prepaid card, which will be reloaded for each payment.
- The cards can be used at more than 1,500 points of sale.
FAQ and further details are available on the Ministry of Interior website.
- The Ministry of Interior encourages wise consumerism and healthy nutrition. The prepaid cards cannot be used to purchase tobacco products, electric products, or alcohol.
- The aid will be provided in accordance with, and subject to, the guidelines of the Ministry of Interior, and its criteria for distribution of the cards for purchasing food, as published on the Ministry of Interior website.