Netanya is celebrating a happy, green and safe Lag BaOmer .
Netanya Municipality, which has signed a convention to reduce air pollution and is a member of the Alliance of Cities for Quality of Life and Environmental Protection, together with the Netanya Parents’ Committee, is calling on you, Netanya residents, to join up with your bonfires or, alternatively, to reduce the number of days of bonfires around the holiday or, alternatively, to celebrate with a fun event without a bonfire, to help reduce air pollution to benefit our health and on behalf of the Earth.
Lighting bonfires in the following areas is strictly prohibited:
• All of the beaches and promenades (including barbecues) • public parks • Iris Reserve • Winter Lake Park • Oak Forest • Greental Mountains • Kfar Netter dunes • industrial zones • the memorial area at Beit Yad Labanim • Victory Memorial • Holocaust Commemoration Train Car Site • Sculpture Garden
Following basic safety rules will reduce the risk to everybody celebrating and the environment
• Set up the bonfire in a clean and exposed area, where there is no risk of the fire spreading.
• Set up the bonfire inside a pit, and it is recommended to create a border of rocks.
• Do not stand the wooden planks on end.
• Do not use wood substitutes, plastic products, Styrofoam, asbestos, tires, rocks and metals.
• Do not throw flammable materials that may explode into the bonfire.
• Bring materials to extinguish the fire and do not leave bonfires burning unattended.
• Please leave the area clean when you are done.
Because Netanya is a promising and sustainable green city .