Dear business owners,
Below is a summary of instructions for commercial signage in the City Center.
As part of the process of renovating and upgrading the appearance of the city center, we are continuing to encourage business owners and shops to switch to commercial signage that follows the design instructions so that we can complete the lovely look of the city center.
All business owners must submit a 2018 application to place a signs on the front of their shops (even those who already have existing/old signs).
The application must be submitted to the Buisness Licensing, Tender and Signage Department (22 Weizmann St., fourth floor) on the official form (which can be found on the Netanya website), along with a detailed description of the sign + photo of the facade of the business + simulation of the new sign (for a new business or business with non-standard signage).
Please note: By law, signs must include Hebrew.
Rules and guidelines for installing commercial signage and design of the store's façade
1. The sign must be in individual, illuminated letters that are installed on the front window or on a wall that is plastered and painted.
2. The letters may be no taller than 30 cm.
3. The business logo may extend by 5 cm above the letters.
4. The sign will be positioned within the front window or about the front winder and next to it or above the cornice, with no background.
5. No banner signs of any type may be put up. Additionally, the placement of signs above walls/roofs is not permitted.
6. The placement of signs on colonnades is not permitted.
7. Installation of "fluorescent light box signs" is not permitted.
8. Roller shutters/bars may only installed inside the store, behind the front window.
9. Installation of opaque roller shutters is not permitted.
10. The front window must be all glass.
Please make sure to follow the instructions in order to upgrade and improve the appearance of the City Center. Business owners who do not follow the municipality's policies and guidelines may be ticketed and may have their signs removed by the municipality.
For instructions and additional information, contact the City Center Administration:
4 Stampfer St., Tel: 09-8340733, Fax: 09-9585290
Business Licensing, Tenders and Signage Department
Tel. 09-8605879, Fax: 09-8622910