Celebrate Purim safely, a good costume is a safe costume.
Safety Rules and Tips for Buying a Costume
1. Buy a costume that is certified by the Standards Institute of Israel and is properly marked: with a label attached to the costume, which includes the information of the manufacturer and the importer of the costume and easy to understand warning instructions in Hebrew.
2. Masks are not recommended for children under the age of 8 as they limit the field of vision.
3. When preparing costumes at home:
4. Do not use flammable materials such as cotton-wool or feathers. Also, do not use long laces or strings, which can wrap around the neck.
Instruct children to remove their costumes and all related accessories (wigs, masks) when going to play in the playground.
5.Bangers, rockets, fireworks, firecrackers and all other forms of explosives as well as slingshots, guns or rifles that resemble real firearms are extremely dangerous and must not be used.
6. Furthermore, caps for cap guns must be kept in their original packaging or in a bag, and not in a pant pocket where it could explode from the friction.
7. Toys should be used safely and correctly – use them only in open areas and never point them towards anyone’s face.
For advice regarding child safety, call "BeTerem"'s experts’ hotline at 03-9263111.
Or Visit the site: www.beterem.org