When the alert siren or an explosion are heard, it is necessary to complete the process of protection, depending on the time available to you and to act according to the following instructions:
In a building: enter the protected space, shelter, or reinforced security room, depending on the time available, and close doors and windows.
Outside – enter the closest building, depending on the time available. If there is no building or cover/shelter nearby, or if you are in an open space, lie down on the ground and protect your head with your hands.
In a vehicle – stop at the side of the road, exit the vehicle and enter the closest building or shelter. If it is impossible to acess a building, cover or shelter during the time available – exit the vehicle, lie down on the ground and protect your head with your hands. In a case in which it is impossible to exit the car, stop at the side of the road and wait 10 minutes.
• Residents of the top floor in a building of over 3 floors without a protected space, shelter, or reinforced security room should descend two floors down.
• Residents of the top floor in a building of 3 floors without a protected space, shelter, or reinforced security room should descend one floor down.
• Civilians are requested not to be out in the building entrance area, since there is a risk of shrapnel and explosions as a result of missile landings in the area near the building.
• Unless otherwise instructed – after 10 minutes you may leave the protected space.
• It is important to stay away from any foreign objects or rockets lying on the ground. In such case, please keep curious by-standers away and notify the police.
• Continue listening to the instructions issued by the media.
For further information contact:
(Pikud Ha'Oref) the Home Front Command on the website: www.oref.org.il, on Facebook, or contact the Informatin Center of HFC by phone no. 1207