A Twin City agreement was signed on January 31, 2013 by Mayor Miriam Fierberg – Ikar
The city of Gelendzhik was founded in 1831 and has been declared formally as a city since 1915.
The city is a resort town located in the Krasnodar area, along the coastline of the Black Sea. It sprawls across 102 kilometers with a population of 91,408 residents.
The residents are mainly engaged in tourism and free trade.
The city’s temperate climate is well-suited for pleasant summer and winter vacations.
The city is divided into four districts: Kabardian, Divnomorskoe, Pshada and Arhipo-Osipovskiy.
Gelendzhik’s twin cities are located in Byelorussia, France, Greece and Germany – and now Israel.