A consultation service for the citizen (S.I.L.)
Manager: Etti Yossef
S.I.L. is volunteer organization operating in conjunction with the Netanya Municipality Welfare Department and the Ministry of Social Affairs and social services.
S.I.L. assists the citizens in providing information, guidance and advice in solving problems with institutions and other services: personal, family, community and public.
The service is universal, serving all citizens of the city regardless of race, religion, gender, age and/or socioeconomic or family status. This unpaid service is provided while maintaining the privacy of each applicant and application, and is operated by a station manager and a team of volunteers, some with expertise in a wide range of fields.
The objectives of the service:
• Advising and directing citizens to the correct address for solving their problems.
• Representing the citizens before various authorities in order to exhaust their rights.
• Assisting the citizen in their interaction with the establishment.
• Making the database of the service available to the citizens in terms of laws, rights and obligations, institutions and organizations.
• Gathering information on lack of, deficiencies or hazardous services and to ensure that this information is transferred to the correct address for appropriate treatment.
Areas of counseling:
Social security, pre-legal counseling provided by lawyers (in all legal disciplines), new immigrants, family, workplace relations, consumer issues, compensation from Germany, small claims, conflicts mediation, rehabilitation and handicap rights, taxes and fees, filling out forms, and more.
The team of volunteers has 40 people including lawyers, mediators, tax advisor, legal advisors, workplace relations experts, financial advisors.
City center: 3 Tel-Hai Street, Tel: 09-8603335, 09-8621118, Fax: 09-8603202
Sun-Thurs: 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
Mon-Wed: 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Tuesdays: 12:00p.m. - 5:00 PM
Legal advice by an attorney, with appointment.
Neot Shaked community center by the Shazar school, Tel: 09-8650447 - 09-8858479
Office hours: Wednesdays, 9:00 - 11:00 AM
Neot Herzel Community Center: Bracha Shimon Street (Matnas), Tel: 09-8625059
Office hours: Sun 4:30 - 6:30 PM