As part of the Bicycle Law (2016) that grants Enforcement Administration inspectors the authority to enforce traffic rights on sidewalks and bike paths and as part of Netanya Municipality’s policy to encourage safe bike riding, promote effective and sustainable transportation
To remind you, the following are the highlights of the Regulations:
• Riding electric bicycles and electric scooters is only permitted from the age of 16 and up and only on bike paths and streets.
• Maximum data: Power output of 250 W and speed of 25 kph (according to the European standard).
• Safety accessories: Horn or bell, headlight with white light, tail light with red light, rear reflector and yellow reflectors on the bike pedals.
• Electric bicycles will need to be marked with an official label: Bicycle with auxiliary motor.
• Wearing a helmet is mandatory - riders under the age of 18 must wear a helmet on any path, intercity road, and this obligation applies to all.
Additional prohibitions that will be enforced by city inspectors:
• Prohibition against riding on a street where there is a bike lane - for all types of riders (standard bicycles, electric bicycles and motorized scooters).
• Prohibition against crossing a crosswalk while riding. You will need to walk a regular bicycle, electric bicycle and regular and electric scooter.
• Prohibition against pedestrians walking in bike lanes.
• Prohibition against give rides on the bicycle, as set out in provisos in the regulations.
Dear riders, please make sure to follow the guidelines so that you are not fined and your bikes are not impounded!
You can find additional information on the Netanya website www.netanya.muni.il
Or on the website of National Road Safety Authority.