Safely celebrating Sukkot
When building the sukkah, keep hammers, nails and other tools out of the reach of children
• Supervise children who climb ladders to hang decorations. Make sure that the ladder is stable.
• Make sure that the fronds are cut by adults.
• Make sure that electric cables don't stretch across the ground and are kept out of the reach of children.
• Be sure that the lights in the sukkah are safe: Place lights far from anything flammable such as decorations, fronds, etc.
• Lighting candles near the decorations or close to the sides of the sukkah is inadvisable. Furthermore, lit candles may not be left unattended and must be in a safe area.